Meenakshi Lekhi Age, Husband, Caste, Religion, Net Worth, Assets, Salary, Family, Affairs, Wiki, Biography, Political Career, Photos, Videos and More
Meenakshi Lekhi’s Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Biography, Facts, Photos, Videos & More
Meenakshi Lekhi is a well known Indian Politician and also a Lawyer by profession. She was born on 30th April 1967 in New Delhi and Meenakshi Lekhi’s current age is 54 years, 5 month, 24 days (Updated Frequently). She is a senior most part member of BJP, which is lead by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Wiki / Biography
Meenakshi Lekhi is an Indian politician and India’s current foreign and culture minister from 7 July 2021. In the 16th and 17th Lok Sabha of the Bharatiya Janata Party, she is a Parliamentary Member from the parliamentary electoral district of New Delhi. In addition, she is a lawyer in the Indian Supreme Court.
At the 2014 elections and re-elected in 2019 she won the highly distinguished parliamentary constituency as BJP candidate in New Delhi. She was appointed Chair of the Lok Sabha Privileges Committee of the Parliament in July 2016. Lekhi has been appointed Chairman of the Committee of Public Enterprises by Om Birla as Lok Sabha speaker on 26 July 2019 and continues in that role since then.
In her work as a newswriter, she also participates in numerous TV shows about national and international topics in newspapers, magazines and newspapers on socio-political issues. The four-night-time column of The Week magazine Lekhi writes “Forthwrite.” She also has the same command of English and Hindi and has participated in a series of discussions in the parliament on topics of national importance in the Lok Sabha, including the debates on ‘intolerance’ of India and the Triple Talaq Bill. She has also won the “Best Debut Women Parliamentarian” award by Lokmat in 2017 as an active involvement in the various parliamentary processes.
Check out below to know more details about Meenakshi Lekhi’s wiki, biography, age, husband, boyfriends, affair, height, weight, caste, family and more.
Article Type: Biography
Category: Politician, Lawyer
|Real Name||Meenakshi Lekhi|
|Pet / Nick Name||Not Such|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Meenakshi Lekhi Age (Current)||54 years, 5 month, 24 days|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||04/30/1967 (M/D/Y) (M/D/Y)|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||— (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||Not Applicable|
19901 Total days.
- On October 24, 2021
Not Officially announced Yet
Spouse (Wife or Husban:
Kids: Don’t Know
Father: Yet To Update
Mother: Yet To Update
Sister(s): Not Known
Brother(s): Not Known
Father, Mother, Family Details
|No. Of. Brothers||0|
|No. Of. Sisters||0|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Bhagwan Khanna
Mother – Amarlata Khanna
Siblings – Not Known
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Meenakshi Lekhi Relationship Status||Engaged|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Not Sure|
|Spouse||Husband – Aman Lekhi, Additional Solicitor General of the Supreme Court|
Affairs / Boyfriends – Not known
|Meenakshi Lekhi’s Wedding Date||– 04/11/1992|
|Together Timeline||– Not Applicable|
|Separated Timeline||– Not Applicable|
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||2|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Son – Anirudh Nath Lekhi, Pranay Lekhi
Daughter – N/A
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Meenakshi Lekhi’s Caste||Father – Not Known|
|Mother – Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||New Delhi|
|Home Town||New Delhi|
|Meenakshi Lekhi’s Current City||New Delhi|
|Address||C-98A, South Extension, Part-II, New Delhi-110049|
|College||Hindu College, Delhi University Campus Law Centre-I|
|Meenakshi Lekhi’s Qualification||LLB from Campus Law Centre-I, Delhi University|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
April 30, 1967
Not Revealed Yet
No Hobbies Revealed Yet
Physical Traits & Appearance:
Social Media Hooks:Follow Your Favourite Celebrity "Meenakshi Lekhi" on following Social Media Profiles.
No Controversy Traces Upon This Celebrity So Far.
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Height||5′ Feet 3″ Inches|
|Eye Colour||Black Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Not Known (Approx.)
Not Filled Yet (Approx.)
Yet To Update
|Does Meenakshi Lekhi, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Meenakshi Lekhi, Smoke Cigarettes?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Meenakshi Lekhi, Swims?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Meenakshi Lekhi, Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Does Gym?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Meenakshi Lekhi, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Meenakshi Lekhi’s Hobbies||Travelling|
- Her hobbies include reading and travelling.
- Lekhi is one of the most active members of the parliament. Her overall attendance in the parliament for the session 2019 has been 95%.
- She resides at C-98A, South Extension, Part-II, New Delhi.
- Her father-in-law, Pran Nath Lekhi, is well known for handling the case of Satwant Singh, the murderer of Zahira Sheikh, and Indira Gandhi, who was one of the culprits of the 2002 Gujarat violence.
- As a member of NDMC, Lekhi has got the name of the Dalhousie Road in New Delhi changed to Dara Shikoh Road. She has also played a prominent role in getting the name of the Race Course Road (the Delhi road adjacent to the Indian Prime Minister’s residence) changed to Lok Kalyan Marg. Thus it changed the address of PM’s residence from “7, RCR” to “7, LKM.”
- Lekhi has topped the charts in terms of utilising the MPLAD funds among the 7 MPs of Delhi. She utilised Rs 2.50 crore out of Rs 5 crore released by the government in the very first year of her term.
- Besides being a lawyer and a politician, she has also been a social activist. Meenakshi has been associated with various institutions like Sakshi, National Commission for Women, and NIPCD which are working for the protection of the rights of women and children in India.
- Meenakshi attracted controversy when she allegedly revealed the name of the victim through her tweet in Tarun Tejpal rape case. However, she, later, clarified that the tweet was not done by her but someone misused her phone to do so.
- She was also condemned for driving a jeep without fastening its seat belt when she went to file her nomination for the elections.
- Lekhi again attracted controversy over her sexist slandering of Ishrat Jahan in a television debate. Several women signed a letter asking Lekhi to apologise for her comments and sent the letter to the National Commission for Women.
- In 2015, Lekhi entered into a war of words with the actress Dia Mirza over RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat’s remark on Mother Teresa. While Lekhi supported Bhagwat’s remark and claimed that Mother Teresa admitted in an interview that her aim was to bring people to the fold of Christianity, Mirza, whose father was a Catholic, slammed the leader.
- On 12 April 2009, Meenakshi filed a contempt petition in Supreme Court against Rahul Gandhifor using the words “Chowkidar Chor Hai” against Narendra Modi and misinterpreting the Supreme Court’s dismissal in the Rafale deal.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Meenakshi Lekhi’s Salary||(as the MP of New Delhi) INR 1 lakh/month + Other Allowances|
|Assets||Movable : INR 7 crore; Jewellery – Gold 1170 gm worth INR 32 lakh Polki 390gm worth INR 13 lakh Immovable: Property worth INR 27.9 crore|
|Net Worth||INR 34 crore|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|Favourite Actresses||Not Known|
|Favourite Film(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Director(s)||Don’t Know|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Drink||Not Known|
|Favourite Fruit||Not Known|
|Preferred Outfit||Not Known|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Meenakshi Lekhi’s Favourite Colour||White, Pink|
|Favourite Musician||Not Revealed Yet|
|Favourite Singer(s)||No Such|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Not Revealed Yet|
Filmography:Movie/Television/Web Series/Serial(s) Career:
No Movies Career yet
|ID – Yet To Update|
|ID – Yet To Update|
Meenakshi started her career as a Lawyer in the year 1990. She started practising in various tribunals, Delhi High Court and Supreme Court. Lekhi has argued a variety of issues pertaining to women including family law disputes, domestic violence, and issues related to the permanent commission of the lady officers in the armed forces. She has also handled matters like bails, trials, revisions, appeals, criminal writs, and the Prevention of Corruption Act/Customs Act/FERA prosecutions. Meenakshi has been a member of the Drafting Committees for bills like “Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill” and “Women’s Reservation Bill.” She has also represented the victim in the Shanti Mukund Hospital rape case.
Meenakshi Lekhi started her political career in 2010 when she became the National Vice President of ‘BJP Mahila Morcha.’ In May 2014, she got elected to the 16th Lok Sabha from New Delhi Constituency after defeating Ajay Maken by a margin of 2.7 lakh votes. On 12 June 2014, she got elected as the Member of the House Committee. She has also been a member of the Standing Committee on Urban Development. On 20 July 2016, Lekhi held the position of the Chairperson of the Committee on Privileges. In July 2017, she was awarded the “Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian” award at the ‘Lokmat Parliamentary Awards.’ In the same year, she became the Member of the Press Council of India. In December 2017, during a discussion on Triple Talaq bill in the Parliament, Lekhi demanded stern punishment for religious leaders supporting and facilitating the process of talaq-i-biddat (Tripple Talaq).In the 16th Lok Sabha, Meenakshi has participated in around 125 debates, asked 435 questions, and introduced 20 private member bills in the Lok Sabha (till final Budget Session, 2019). In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she won the New Delhi seat against Congress’ Ajay Makan.
- Lokmat Parliamentary Award for ‘Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian’ (2017)