Kumar Sanu Age, Height, Weight, Body, Wife or Husband, Caste, Religion, Net Worth, Assets, Salary, Family, Affairs, Wiki, Biography, Movies, Shows, Photos, Videos and More
Kumar Sanu’s Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Girlfriend, Family, Biography, Facts, Photos, Videos & More
Kumar Sanu is an Indian Singer, Music Director and Politician. Kumar Sanu is born on 20 October 1957 at Kolkata, West Bengal, India and his real age is 63 years
Wiki / Biography
Kumar Sanu is Check out below to know more details about Kumar Sanu’s wiki, biography, age, wife, girlfriends, affair, height, weight, caste, family and more.
Article Type: Biography
Category: Singer, Music Director
|Real Name||Kedarnath Bhattacharya|
|Pet / Nick Name||Sanu Daa|
|Profession||Singer, Music Director and Politician|
|Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Kumar Sanu Age (Current)||63 years, 11 month, 3 days|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||10/20/1957 (M/D/Y) (M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||— (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||Not Applicable|
23349 Total days.
- On September 23, 2021
Not Officially announced Yet
Spouse (Wife or Husban:
Kids: Don’t Know
Father: Yet To Update
Mother: Yet To Update
Sister(s): Not Known
Brother(s): Not Known
Father, Mother, Family Details
|No. Of. Brothers||1|
|No. Of. Sisters||0|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Pashupati Bhattacharya
Mother – Not Known
Brother – Tapan Bhattacharya
Sister – Not Known
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Kumar Sanu Relationship Status||Engaged|
|Interested In||Not Known|
|Marital Type||Not Sure|
|Spouse||Wife – Rita (Divored in 1994), Saloni Sanu|
Affair/Girlfriend – Meenakshi Seshadri (Actress)
|Kumar Sanu’s Wedding Date||–|
|Together Timeline||– Not Applicable|
|Separated Timeline||– Not Applicable|
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||1|
|No.Of. Female Kids||2|
Daughter – Anna and Shannon K (Singer)
Son – Jaan (Jico)
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Kumar Sanu’s Caste||Father – Not Known|
|Mother – Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi, Bangali|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Kumar Sanu’s Current City||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|College||Calcutta University, Kolkata|
|Kumar Sanu’s Qualification||Not Known|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
October 20, 1957
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Not Revealed Yet
No Hobbies Revealed Yet
Physical Traits & Appearance:
Chest: 44 Inches - Waist: 36 Inches - Biceps: 13 Inches
Social Media Hooks:Follow Your Favourite Celebrity "Kumar Sanu" on following Social Media Profiles.
No Controversy Traces Upon This Celebrity So Far.
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Body Measurements||Chest: 44 Inches – Waist: 36 Inches – Biceps: 13 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Brown Eyes|
|Hair Length||Medium Length|
Not Known (Approx.)
Not Filled Yet (Approx.)
Yet To Update
|Does Kumar Sanu, Consume Alcohol?||Not Sure Yet|
|Does Kumar Sanu, Smoke Cigarettes?||No|
|Is Kumar Sanu, Swims?||Yes|
|Is Kumar Sanu, Yoga Practitioner?||Not Sure Yet|
|Is Kumar Sanu, a Jogger?||Not Sure Yet|
|Kumar Sanu’s Hobbies||Cooking|
|Music||Disco, Indian classical|
- His family is a great devotee of Lord Shiva. Hence, his family gave him the name “Kedarnath” (another name of Lord Shiva).
- Since his childhood, he was interested in music. He would sing while playing the tabla and his friends used to make bongo of milk cans. He called it, “Gareebon Ka Orchestra” (Orchestra of the poor).
- His older brother and sister were a part of an orchestra and Kumar later joined them as a rhythm player.
- Like him, his father was also a good singer. He would often listen to his father singing in the night. Talking about how he got interested in music, he says that initially, he was never interested in music. He adds, He had a school and every year during Saraswati Puja, all the children would sing. Towards the end of the function, we would insist our father to sing and that’s what impacted me in a big way. Every night when my father sang at home, there was a small mike that he would sing into and the entire mohalla would hear him sing.
- He began performing publicly in 1979, he used to sing in shows and restaurants. His first job was at Hotel Vineet in Kolkata. His first salary was Rs. 4000. Recalling those days, he says that a Samosa used to cost Rs. 180 at the place where he worked.
- He borrowed Rs. 1100 from his elder brother and came to Mumbai in 1986, with a dream to become a singer. In Mumbai, he stayed in Vashi with a few friends.
- While in Mumbai, he gave audition at Aradhana guest house in Chembur. He sang in front of a huge audience, the first song he sang was “Mere Naina Saawan Bhaado” and got a tip of Rs. 9000. For his second song, he got a tip of Rs. 5oo0. After that, he was immediately selected for the job. Kumar worked there for a year.
- Later, he started making his living in Mumbai by recording a series of Kishore Kumar‘s song for the pop labels.
- When he was recording Kishore Kumar’s songs, he happened to meet Jagjit Singh by chance, who was recording his Ghazals in the same studio. Jagjit Singh insisted on meeting Kumar and asked him to sing a song. He sang “Mere Samne Wali Khidki Mein” by Kishore Kumar. He gave him a song on paper and asked him to learn it. Kumar learned the song in just 5 minutes and recorded it in only 15-20 minutes. Jagjit Singh hugged him and gave him Rs. 1500.
- Jagjit Singh gave him his first record titled ‘Karke Sagaai, Ab Karne Chale Ladaai’ for a movie called “Aandhiyan.” Unfortunately, the song never got released. Later, Jagjit Singh took him to Kalyanji-Anandji, who gave him his first break.
- On the suggestion of Kalyanji-Anandji, he changed his name to ‘Kumar Sanu.’ They suggested this name because they believed that the fact that he was a Bengali would turn out to be a backlash for his career. His name ‘Kumar’ came from Kishore Kumar’s Kumar and Sanu was his pet name.
- Initially, his name Sanu was written as Shanu. He later amended it.
- He holds the Guinness World Record for recording 28 songs in a day.
- He sang the song ‘Do Dil Mil Rahe Hai’ in about 20 minutes.
- He never worked with R. Rahman. The reason was that he never liked his way of recording in the night.
- When asked about, which actor suits his voice the most, he replied, Shah Rukh Khan.
- He likes football. His favourite team is Brazil. He even named his son Jico after the Brazillian Footballer Jico.
- In 2004, he joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) but resigned later. He joined the BJP again in 2014.
- He has opened a school for the underprivileged children called Kumar Sanu Vidya Niketan in New Delhi.
- Kumar has produced a movie titled Utthaan in 2006
- He has made special appearances in the film Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999) and Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015).
- Kumar Sanu won the Filmfare Award for the best playback singer male for the 5 consecutive years (1990-1994). When he received the award for the fifth time, he said, I’d be happy if someone else won it the next time.
- However, his statement created a huge controversy. People thought that he did not want to receive the Filmfare. As a result, it was believed that he did not get the award for the song Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jaana Sanam, next year. Though, the song was the chart-topper of the time.
- In spite of being married to Rita Bhattacharya, he was in a relationship with the actress Meenakshi Seshadri. The duo was seeing each other secretly until their relationship was uncovered through an interview that Kumar’s secretary had given. Kumar denied his relationship with the actress, but eventually, accepted it, which led to an ugly spat between him and his wife Rita. Finally, they got divorced in 1994. Rita got the custody of their three sons, but Kumar accessed the rights to his children by agreeing to pay her a fix allowance every month.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Kumar Sanu’s Salary||(approx)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Not Known|
|Favourite Film(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Director(s)||Don’t Know|
|Favourite Food||Fish and chole bhature|
|Favourite Drink||Not Known|
|Favourite Fruit||Not Known|
|Preferred Outfit||Not Known|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Not Known|
|Kumar Sanu’s Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Favourite Musician||Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Singer(s)||No Such|
|Favourite Song(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Not Revealed Yet|
Filmography:Movie/Television/Web Series/Serial(s) Career:
No Movies Career yet
Kumar Sanu started his career as a playback singer as Sanu Bhattacharya in a Bengali movie titled Tin Konya (1986).
He made his Bollywood debut as a singer with the song Jashna Hai Mohabbat Ka from the movie Hero Hiralal in 1989.
He made his breakthrough in Bollywood with the movie Aashiqui, in which he sang almost all the songs. Kumar Sanu has collaborated with almost all the singers in the Bollywood, right from the legendary singers Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle to Anuradha Paudwal, Alka Yagnik and Shreya Ghoshal.
- Honorary doctorate from the University of America in 2001
- Kumar Sanu Day on 31 Mach, honoured by Michael R. Turner, the mayor of Dayton, Ohio, the US in 2001
- Padma Shri in 2009
- Dr Ambedkar Award in 2012
- Maharashtra Ratna Award by Government of Maharashtra in 2014
- Mahanayak Samman Lifetime Achievement by Government of West Bengal in 2014
- Sangeet Samman Lifetime Achievement Award by Government of West Bengal in 2015
- Felicitation at the UK Houses of Parliament by Indo-British All Party Parliamentary Group in 2018
- He has won 5 Filmfare Awards under the category of Best Male Playback Singer; the first one is for the song “Ab Tere Bin” from the movie “Aashiqui” in 1990.