Gurdas Maan Age, Height, Weight, Body, Wife or Husband, Caste, Religion, Net Worth, Assets, Salary, Family, Affairs, Wiki, Biography, Movies, Shows, Photos, Videos and More
Gurdas Maan’s Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Biography, Facts, Photos, Videos & More
Gurdas Maan is an Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer and Actor. Gurdas Maan was born on 4th January 1957 in Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab and his real age is 64 years
Wiki / Biography
Gurdas Maan . Check out below to know more details about Gurdas Maan’s wiki, biography, age, wife, girlfriends, affair, height, weight, caste, family and more.
Article Type: Biography
Category: Singer, Songwriter
|Real Name||Gurdas Maan|
|Pet / Nick Name||Not Such|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actor|
|Origin||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Gurdas Maan Age (Current)||64 years, 9 month, 27 days|
|Date Of Birth (DOB)||01/04/1957 (M/D/Y) (M/D/Y)|
|Birthplace||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Star Sign (Nakshatra)||Not Sure|
|Alive Or Dead||Alive|
|Date Of Death (DOD)||— (M/D/Y)|
|After Death Timeline||Not Applicable|
23678 Total days.
- On January 28, 2022
Not Officially announced Yet
Spouse (Wife or Husban:
Kids: Don’t Know
Father: Yet To Update
Mother: Yet To Update
Sister(s): Not Known
Brother(s): Not Known
Father, Mother, Family Details
|Father||Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Mann|
|Mother||Late Bibi Tej Kaur|
|No. Of. Brothers||1|
|No. Of. Sisters||0|
Family Photos and Details
Father – Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Mann
Mother – Late Bibi Tej Kaur
Brother – Paramjit Bahia
Sister – Not Known
Relationship, Affair, Wife-Husband, Girlfriends-Boyfriends
|Gurdas Maan Relationship Status||Committed|
|Marital Type||Arrange Marriage|
|Spouse||Manjit Maan (producer, director)|
Affairs / Girlfriends – Not Known
|Gurdas Maan’s Wedding Date||–|
|Together Timeline||– Not Applicable|
|Separated Timeline||– Not Applicable|
Son-Daughter, Children Details
|No.Of. Male Kids||1|
|No.Of. Female Kids||0|
Son – Gurickk G Maan (video director, producer)
Daughter – None
Caste, Religion, Community, Mother Tongue, Languages Known
|Gurdas Maan’s Caste||Father – Not Known|
|Mother – Same As Fathers|
|Mother Tongue||Not Revealed Yet|
|Languages Known||English, Hindi|
Address, Native, Hometown, Current City
|Native / Origin||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Home Town||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Gurdas Maan’s Current City||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab, India|
|College||A college in malout Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India|
|Gurdas Maan’s Qualification||Diploma Course in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India|
|Other Education Notes||Not Known|
April 1, 1957
Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India
Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India
Not Revealed Yet
No Hobbies Revealed Yet
Physical Traits & Appearance:
Social Media Hooks:Follow Your Favourite Celebrity "Gurdas Maan" on following Social Media Profiles.
No Controversy Traces Upon This Celebrity So Far.
Personality, Physical Appearance
Body, Height, Weight
|Eye Colour||Brown Eyes|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Length||Very short|
Not Known (Approx.)
Not Filled Yet (Approx.)
Yet To Update
|Does Gurdas Maan, Consume Alcohol?||Yes|
|Does Gurdas Maan, Smoke Cigarettes?||Yes|
|Is Gurdas Maan, Swims?||Yes|
|Is Gurdas Maan, Yoga Practitioner?||Yes|
|Is Gurdas Maan, a Jogger?||Yes|
|Gurdas Maan’s Hobbies||Movies, Listening to Music, Travelling|
- His hobbies include gymming, doing yoga, and doing poetry.
- He is very fond of ice-creams.
- Gurdas was a fine athlete and has bagged a bronze medal at the National Wrestling Championship.
- He also holds a black belt in Judo.
- Maan is an ardent follower of Baba Murad Shah Ji & Sai Laddi Shah Ji and as a tribute to them, he performs every year in the month of May at the Dera Baba Murad Shah Ji, Nakodar, Punjab.
- Gurdas holds a Doctor of Music degree from the University of Wolverhampton. He received the honorary degree on 7 September 2010.
- He owns a film production house named “Sai Productions” in Mumbai.
- On 9 January 2001, Maan’s vehicle collided with a truck at a village near Rupnagar, Punjab. His driver and good friend, Tejpal, died in the accident. Later, he released a song ‘Sawari’ which was dedicated to his driver.
- On 20 January 2007, Gurdas Maan again met with an accident in which his vehicle was hit by a truck at a village near Karnal. Maan suffered minor injuries on his face and body while his driver, Ganesh, was severely injured.
- Gurdas Maan is a big supporter of the Manchester United Football Club.
- Gurdas has rejected many duets offers in his singing career as he always wanted to be a successful solo artist.
- In addition to Punjabi, Maan is well-versed with Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi, and Rajasthani languages.
- Till 2019, he has produced more than 34 music albums and has written over 305 songs.
- Gurdas Maan is the only Punjabi singer to have won a National Award for the ‘Best Male Playback Singer’ at the 54th National Film Awards for his track “Heer” in ‘Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris.’
- He partnered with a Delhi-based Capital firm to launch the restaurant “The Studio – by Gurdas Maan.” It is based upon the idea of providing fine-dining experience with curated live musical performances.
- He is fondly called The Living Legend, Maan Sahab and “The Pride of Punjab.”
- In 2005, landed into controversy twice. First, for singing a film song instead of a religious song at a concert for Vaisakhi. Second, for hurting the sentiments of the Sikh community with his song that said: “throw away your religious books and underwear.”
- In 2011, he again fell into the controversy for his song “Sadi Jithe Lagi Ae Lagi Rehn De” from the album ‘Jogiya’ which was criticised by the Sikh Community as it promoted derawad.
Net Worth, Earnings, Salary and Assets
|Gurdas Maan’s Salary||(approx)|
Movable and Immovable Assets
Favourites and Preferences
|Favourite Actor||Guggu Gill|
|Favourite Actresses||Not Known|
|Favourite Film(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Director(s)||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Rajma chawal, Sarso Saag|
|Favourite Drink||Not Known|
|Favourite Fruit||Not Known|
|Preferred Outfit||Not Known|
|Preferred Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Not Known|
|Gurdas Maan’s Favourite Colour||Blue,Grey|
|Favourite Musician||Not Known|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kuldeep Manak, Surinder Shinda|
|Favourite Song(s)||Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen from the movie Waqt (1965)|
Filmography:Movie/Television/Web Series/Serial(s) Career:
No Movies Career yet
Gurdas Maan started his singing career in 1980 with the Punjabi song “Dil Da Mamla Hai.” The song became a huge hit. Next, he released the songs “Mamla Gadbad Hai” and “Chhalla.” His Punjabi track “Apna Punjab Hove” received many awards in different categories like The Best Song, The Best Album and The Best International Artist in the Asian Pop and Media Award.
In 2007, his album “Boot Polishan” won the Best International Album Award at the UK Asian Music Awards. He also sang the hit track “Ki Banu Duniya Da” along with Diljit Dosanjh on the Coke Studio MTV Season 4. Maan has also written and directed the television show “POP Time” for Doordarshan, Delhi.
In addition to singing, Maan has also tried his hands at acting. He has starred in many popular Bollywood films and has also received various awards like the Jury’s Award which was presented to him by the President of India. He has also appeared in many Hindi, Punjabi, and Tamil films. He is best known for starring in the film ‘Waris Shah-Ishq Da Waaris’ which is the depiction of the Punjabi poet Waris Shah during the creation of his epic poem Heer Ranjha. He has also made a special appearance in Shah Rukh Khan starrer “Veer Zaara.”